Tuesday, June 17, 2008

glittering ballerina skirt

Never made it to the book.  The Boy called and distracted me for the half hour before I completely crashed.  I'm taking it to B&N now though to kill an hour before I head over to his house for the night.  Work was fine, I wore this fcuk skirt I've had since a sample sale last year and never worn until this week ... and I've never had more positive comments about a skirt ever.  I wore the highly beaded gorgeousness high on my waist over a basic cotton cami and my off-white cardigan with t-strap brown heels and matching jewelry.  To go with the ballerina skirt, my hair is piled into a cinnamon bun with a little pooch on top.  Halfway through the day I was beginning to worry I looked a bit like a grandma, but the heavier-than-usual eyeliner probably helped keep that in line.  I've thrown jeans on now to go to the game, and I've got to pack a bag and pick an outfit before tomorrow ... ugh.

No sign of Neighbor Boy since last week's sighting ... But I think that's what's kept the intrigue so high.  He just all-out grinned at me with this confidence that definitely showed he knows that he's pretty damn gorgeous (I'm talking Matthew McConoughay at 20), but was also pretty appreciative of how I looked.  I was really hoping he lives in that house nextdoor and isn't just fixing it up, but I haven't seen him since.  The fact that he saw me throw my arms around the Boy about an hour after our smiles exchanged probably wasn't too inviting though ... 

The Giants (my housemates, not the football team - who, after the Colts, are my favorites, btw) cleaned today.  It was pretty nice to come home to no dishes, fresh towels, and (miracle of all miracles) not forty people in our living room.  Not that I'm staying here tonight, but still.  I like my housemates enough, but I feel like things will never quite be comfortable.  They're a team, and I'm ... not.  They're ESPN and Sports Illustrated (not kidding.  girls who keep this stuff around like, always).  I'm very much Style Network and Cosmo/Vogue/Glamour/Elle/anymagazinebesidesSI.  But they're cool, friendly, annnnd it's a roof over my head.  That I didn't happen upon until the last day of school.  That I thought would be sooo convenient being right down the street from Bear.  But he hasn't shown up (without my initiation - and girls HATE this, by the way - but what did I expect from a guy who texted me across the room at our first meeting "you know I'm interested, what else do you want?") all summer.  So much for that.  

Anyways, I'm going down to make myself a fruit salad (part of this whole diet thing.  I've put on about ten pounds over the past two years, and I'm determined to lose 15 this summer) and head out.  Oh, just found out supervisor J teaches a ton of classes at one of the local gyms.  Definitely need to check that out if I'm actually planning on meeting my goal.  That's the "food" part of the blog, in case you were wondering.

For the fashionistas: Victoria's Secret's sale started today ... snatch up the cheap lace whatsits and yoga pants while you can!  But wait till I've had my pick ;)

<3

No comments: