Tuesday, June 24, 2008

heat of the summer sunshine - i miss you

The Corrs dominated my ringtone for far too long last year ... I think my roommates wanted to murder me. Now they regularly send new ones to me ... "Bleeding Love" has got to go though.

So does corporate life. I took yesterday off, came to work looking like an overgrown slob (I'm wearing clothes I bought 4 years ago and I didn't shower ... I drove an hour and a half to get here this morning), and have to work 10-hour days all week. I can't tell if people keep commenting about my (seriously outdated white peasant/petticoat skirt) because they actually like it or because you can see through it. I didn't have a slip at home. Or a cardigan that fits. Note to self: stop growing in a horizontal direction. Second note to self: carry heels EVERYwhere. I show up to work in flip flops (nice brown leather gorrrgeous flip flops, but still) one time, and I get called into a meeting with the CEO to launch a totally new company. Probably the biggest thing to happen in this place in ages and I look like a hippie. Legit un-washed hair, peasant skirt, flower cardi, basically barefoot hippie. Eh what can you do, right?

Ugh 25 minutes till I get out of here ... then food shopping, movie renting, and meeting up with the soccer boys later for some down time. Then I believe the boy is coming over :) Humdeedum ... weekend was good - puppy is as cute as ever (although just as much of a biter...hrmmm), the boy is hurt so I'm missing his game against one of the guys from school (boo.), and I'm sleep deprived (what else is new?) but heavily caffeinated. This week is going to suck.

Much love (and promises of a much more attractive outfit tomorrow ... I'm thinking white pencil skirt paired with something from Ralph Lauren - haven't decided what yet),

<3

No comments: