Monday, June 16, 2008

too lazy for diaries anymore...

I haven't kept a steady diary since I was 15, and every time I buy a new one, I think, "I'll stick with it this time."  And for the couple weeks in between classes ending and internships starting, that works out really well.  Then I'm sitting at a desk for hours on end, guzzling coffee & tea to barely stay awake until I get out of work - at which point I'm in no mood to sit and take more notes.  So while at work (they've shoved me in a cubicle where no one but leprechaun K can see me ... and he sits with his ear buds in and stares at his 3 computer screens - honestly, who needs more than one? - and doesn't even acknowledge my existence), I typed in "fashion blog" in between web sites on building products (don't ask) and up popped a couple of links.  They're cute, fine, whatever.  I love fashion, don't get me wrong.  But I need some real life in there too, you know?
So here it is: my "real" life.  I feel like the summers in between college years are either the craziest fun you've ever had (aka: parents still pay for everything or you need no sleep) or the slap in the face when you give up your beach job for a big girl job.  If by "big girl," they mean rapidly gaining weight out of depression & boredom while going to sleep before 10 like a gran, then I definitely qualify.  My friends know that it's either Starbucks after work, or letting me nap so I can go out later.  And even one or the other has been lacking lately ...

The Boy comes over a lot though.  That could be part of it.  I began calling him "the Boy" long before starting to read The Secret Diary of a Call Girl (also my inspiration to begin blogging), but it definitely works for blogging, so he's the Boy.  Also, if you haven't read that book and you've got a sex drive and some extra time?  Go for it.  I was in a serious chick lit mood at B&N the other day and I haven't put it down since.  I actually think I might go grab that now ...

Oh, and vestiti del giorno consisted of white linen pants, tight black V-neck, black strappy 4-inch heels, a charcoal eye, and all white gold/white sapphire jewelry.  And it was mani-Monday, so now my hot red fingernails match my toes from last week's pedi :)  

<3

No comments: