Friday, June 20, 2008

a job as hot as photovoltaic systems

So I probably shouldn't be blogging at work. But Google works, and my other summer intern/Starbucks buddy told me yesterday that he and his friends are using the documents feature to write a book (that he's probably working on at his tres-boring job as I type this), so I should be allowed to blog. I can probably sum up my internship in a single sentence: I am the personal intern (to a man I haven't seen since lunch on my first day) who spends her days doing work that someone else has either already done, is in the process of doing, or is planning on doing - better. And when that better work is done, it gets handed down to me to organize for people who probably won't read it. Oh, and they use PCs. I used to claim to be "PC-retarded," but clearly the problem lies in these damn machines. Macs just work. When I turn on my much-loved Macbook, I wait, oh - about 20 seconds while it loads up and I have access to everything. When I turn on this piece (which I had to do TWICE this morning), about ten minutes later I get to log onto the time card system and then wait another 5 minutes before my email is accessable. Ugh.

So it's been a few days ... Wednesday the Boy's game got rained out, so he came over early and we went out with his teammates and my friends and had far too much to drink, came back and had sex far too late, and when the (6) alarms went off at 6 a.m., neither of us was very happy. I, however, had to actually get up and go to work, while he went back to sleep. Grrr. I got to work in a barely-thrown-together outfit and one of the Boy's teammate's mothers (who works here about 4 desks over from me) came over, took one look at me, and laughed. Luckily, I fell in love with her when I first started here, so I let her make fun of me in a motherly way, then took a much-needed trip to the restroom to assess the damage. I looked like hell. I made it to 1 p.m. before giving up and going home to cook for the Boy before he left. I then slept from 6 last night to 6 this morning. Yummm.

And I still feel fantastic! I need to start getting 12 hours of sleep every night. And it's casual Friday - a dream for us jean queens. Outfit is very Ralph Lauren today ... Skinny jeans that absolutely adore my bottom half (I have yet to find another pair this perfect, and I swear I only paid $20 for them), a blue/white vertical stripe button down, and my white t-strap heels. Usually I like a little more movement, but today I decided to pin clothes on and let the curls loose. They're driving me nuts, but if I put it back I'd look like a ballerina with a stick up her ass.

Somehow, all three of my bosses are off today, so I'm back doing research in my own little corner. Also ... am currently convinced of a conspiracy going on in these offices. On Monday this week, there was a sign on the nearer women's restroom that claimed they were out of order. Ok, fine, whatever. I go to the bathroom roughly...fourteen times a day. But most of the week was spent in the supervisor office, so I was fine using the other facilities. Tuesday, the sign was gone - so I used both of them again. Wednesday - sign returns ... for the morning. Today? I went early, no problems with the toilets. I go back about an hour later - "Do Not Use." Just now? NO SIGN. Somebody's messing with my head. Or bladder. Whatever.

Anyways - I'm going to get some work done. Alternating research between Power Purchase Agreements & Glamour's 30-Day Makeover, of course ;) Out tonight with everyone, then weekend with the Boy. Much luuurve & happiness (I seriously suggest getting 12 hours of sleep soon) -

<3

No comments: